Saturday, March 18, 2017

Men and Women's Course Records Fall in Hot Dash 10 Mile

Ben Sathre broke the men's course record and Andrea Rediger the women's at the Hot Dash  10 mile in St Paul.

Sathre, 26, the defending men's champion, ran the Mississippi riverfront course which started and finished near Boom Island, in 49:59.  Rediger, 28, clocked 57:24 for the women’s title and event record. 

Sathre used the wind and  40 degree temperature to his advantage. “We had a nice tailwind the first half, so I just rolled into a pace and tried to hold it coming back,” Sathre said. “I just had to stay strong coming back into the wind.”

Rediger also got off to a good start, which paid off in the end. “Right away at the half-mile or so, I knew I was in the lead,” Rediger said. “I hit the mile on my target and I felt good from there. My time was a big personal best for me, so I can’t complain about anything.”


Each earned $500.  Full results are HERE

No comments: